The Mercedes Benz W204, C207, A207 and W212, 2007 – C Class & E Class onward
A broad range of Mercedes Benz vehicles are fitted with electronic steering locks (ESL). These parts have become a very common fault for owners and repairers. This unit often the source of common faults, and when it fails you can be left with big repair bills and a stranded customer.
If you are experiencing faults with the ESL or you notice that your customers ESL is noisy or slow to operate you should have the unit repaired immediately before you are left with an inoperable vehicle.
Common faults include:
– Vehicle won’t start and steering doesn’t unlock
– Noisy steering lock
– Key will turn in Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS / EZL) but will not start
– No dash lights when turning key in the Electronic Ignition Switch
– Electronic steering lock (ESL / EVL) cannot be heard when key is inserted.
– Steering wheel cannot be turned, even with key inserted.
This replacement bypass service is for an ESL emulator fully programmed to your vehicle, this emulator is an non mechanical steering lock, that replaces the function of the original one, but with no mechanical workings.
This solution provides a long term fix and will not fail again.