The Mercedes Benz W204, C207, A207 and W212, 2007 – C Class & E Class onward
A broad range of Mercedes Benz vehicles are fitted with electronic steering locks (ESL).
Common faults include:
– Vehicle won’t start and steering doesn’t unlock
– Noisy steering lock
– Key will turn in Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS / EZL) but will not start
– No dash lights when turning key in the Electronic Ignition Switch
– Electronic steering lock (ESL / EVL) cannot be heard when key is inserted.
– Steering wheel cannot be turned, even with key inserted.